Zimmer Marketing. recently won several notable awards presented by the Kansas Association for Broadcasters. These awards highlight the accomplishments of this station, as well as its ongoing commitment to excellence.
About the KAB
The Kansas Association for Broadcasters is an organization that dedicates itself to providing a variety of services to Kansas broadcasters, including education, training, recruiting, communication, governmental representation, and professional lobbying.
KAB station awards for excellence are given out on an annual basis. These awards are intended to recognize radio and television stations that meet or exceed the standards for excellence established by the KAB.
Recognized for Excellence
Zimmer Marketing’s radio stations exist as a free source for news, information, and entertainment in the community. Some of the company's most important values include humility, openness, fun, respect, and passion.
Awards won include:
- 1st Place in the category of "Station Promotion Announcement" for Tickets to Anywhere - Bad Santa. This announcement was a product of the efforts of Michael Johnson, Bobby Wilkinson, Randy Brooks, and Kaylee Cole.
- Honorable Mention in the category of "Station Promotion Announcement" for Haunted Spook Tour 2018. This announcement was a product of the efforts of Michael Johnson, Bobby Wilkinson, Randy Brooks, and Kaylee Cole.
- Honorable Mention in the category of "Complete Severe Weather Coverage" for their coverage of a tornado on August 19, 2018. Severe weather coverage was provided by Rob Meyer and Ty Albright.
- 2nd Place in the category of "Commercial - sixty seconds or less" for Cantina Bravo Mexican Grille - Cantina Bravo Don and Juan. This commercial was developed by Michael Johnson, Bobby Wilkerson, Thom Watts, and Chris Hayes.
How These Awards Set Zimmer Apart
A review of the criteria used in judging the competition's entries shows that Zimmer's stations are a cut above the rest. Specifically, in order to win 1st Place and Honorable Mention in the category of "Station Promotion Announcement," Zimmer Marketing had to score in the following areas:
- Opening - The opening of the announcement had to arouse immediate interest.
- Closing - The closing had to accurately identify a cause or sponsor.
- Theme - The theme had to be unified, memorable, well-stated, and catchy.
- Phrasing and delivery - The announcement's phrasing and delivery had to be well-chosen and precise.
- Concentration - The announcement should say enough, but not too much.
- Salesmanship - The announcement should be convincing and promote action among listeners.
- Technical - The announcement should have a professional sound.
- Showbiz - The announcement should feature music, voice, humor, rhymes, gimmicks, or other special characteristics that set it apart.
The Zimmer Team
The Zimmer Team is honored to have received these rewards and expresses its gratitude to the KAB.
Zimmer Marketing's mission is to act as a vital part of every community reached, providing a reliable source of news, information, and entertainment. Since 1956, Zimmer has held fast to its time-tested core values, and the team will continue to uphold these values in the future.
For more information about Zimmer Marketing, call 417-624-1025 or contact us online.